- Cite this
- Email this
Applied geophysics in periglacial environments [E-Book] / C. Hauck, and C. Kneisel.
Many research problems in cryospheric science, such as global warming-induced permafrost degradation, require information about the subsurface, which can be imaged using geophysical methods. This book is a practical guide to the application of geophysical techniques in mountainous and polar terrain,...
|Personal Name(s):||Hauck, C., (author)|
|Kneisel, C., (author)|
Cambridge University Press,
1 online resource (xv, 240 pages)
- Electrical methods / C. Kniesel and C. Hauck
- Electromagnetic methods / A. Hördt and C. Hauck
- Refraction seismics / L. Schrott and T. Hoffmann
- Ground-penetrating radar / I. Berthling and K. Melvold
- Typology of vertical electrical soundings for permafrost/ground ice investigation in the forefields of small alpine glaciers / R. Delaloye and C. Lambiel
- ERT imaging for frozen ground detection / M. Ishikawa
- Electrical resistivity values of frozen soil from VES and TEM field observations and laboratory experiments / K. Harada
- Results of geophysical surveys on Kasprowy Wierch, the Tatra Mountains, Poland / W. Dobinski [and others]
- Reassessment of DC resistivity in rock glaciers by comparing with P-wave velocity : a case study in the Swiss Alps / A. Ikeda
- Quantifying the ice content in low-altitude scree slopes using geophysical methods / C. Hauck and C. Kniesel
- The use of GPR in determining talus thickness and talus structure / O. Sass
- GPR soundings of rock glaciers on Svalbard / I. Berthling [and others]
- Arctic glaciers and ground-penetrating radar, case study : Stagnation Glacier, Bylot Island, Canada / T. Irvine-Fynn and B. Moorman
- Mapping of subglacial topography using GPR for determining subglacial hydraulic conditions / K. Melvold and T.V. Schuler
- Snow measurements using GPR : example from Amundsenisen, Svalbard / K. Melvold
- Mapping frazil ice conditions in rivers using ground penetrating radar / I. Berthling, H. Benjaminsen, and A. Kvambekk.