- Cite this
- Email this
Elasticity with mathematica : an introduction to continuum mechanics and linear elasticity [E-Book] / Andrei Constantinescu, Alexander Korsunsky.
This book, first published in 2007, introduces key ideas and principles in the theory of elasticity with the help of symbolic computation. Differential and integral operators on vector and tensor fields of displacements, strains and stresses are considered on a consistent and rigorous basis with res...
|Personal Name(s):||Constantinescu, Andrei, author|
|Korsunsky, Alexander, author|
Cambridge University Press,
1 online resource (ix, 255 pages)
- Kinematics : displacements and strains
- Dynamics and statics : stresses and equilibrium
- Linear elasticity
- General principles in problems of elasticity
- Stress functions
- Displacement potentials
- Energy principles and variational formulations
- Appendix 1 : differential operators
- Appendix 2 : Mathematica tricks
- Appendix 3 : plotting parametric meshes.