- Cite this
- Email this
Madness at the theatre [E-Book] / Femi Oyebode.
Madness at the Theatre studies the theatrical representation of madness from the classical Greek period through to the 21st century. Professor Oyebode charts the portrayal of madness by the world's great playwrights across the centuries and argues that whereas acts of madness are described but...
|Personal Name(s):||Oyebode, Femi, author|
|Oyebode, Femi, editor|
1 online resource (x, 100 pages)
- Greek tragedy and models of madness
- Greco-Roman comedy and folly
- Jealousy the green-eyed monster and madness in Shakespeare
- Ibsen and the domestication of madness
- Tennessee Williams and the theatre of the mind
- Soyinka's theatre of the shadowlands
- Sarah Kane: the self in fission.