- Cite this
- Email this
Solar-Terrestrial Environmental Prediction [E-Book] / edited by Kanya Kusano.
Powerful solar explosions, such as flares and coronal mass ejections, greatly disturb the electromagnetic environment around the Earth and the atmosphere. They may even impact various social systems-communications, positioning, electric power supply, aviation and activities in space. Such variations...
|Personal Name(s):||Kusano, Kanya, editor|
1st edition 2023.
XXIV, 462 pages 1 illustration (online resource)
- Chapter 1.Social Impacts of Space Weather
- Chapter 2.Impact of Space Weather on Various Fields
- Chapter 3.Severe Space Weather Disasters
- Chapter 4.Introduction of Space Weather Research on Magnetosphere and Ionosphere of Earth
- Chapter 5.Space Radiation
- Chapter 6. Geomagnetic Variability and GICs
- Chapter 7.Ionospheric Variability
- Chapter 8.Structure of Solar Atmosphere and Magnetic Phenomena
- Chapter 9.Origin of Solar Storms
- Chapter 10.Prediction of Solar Storms
- Chapter 11.Explorations of Extreme Space Weather Events from Stellar Observations and Archival Investigations
- Chapter 12.Eleven-year Cycle of Solar Magnetic Activity: Observations, Theories, and Numerical Model Predictions
- Chapter 13.Solar Activity in the Past and its Impacts on Climate
- Chapter 14.Effects of Solar Activity on the Upper Atmosphere
- Chapter 15.Impacts of Solar Activity Variations on Climate.