Revision of International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) Recommendations [E-Book] / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Paris : OECD Publishing, 2006
2 p.
englisch
10.1787/nuclear_law-2006-5k9czfxfww6l
Nuclear Energy
Full Text
The International Commission on Radiological Protection was first established in 1928, as the International X-ray and Radium Protection Committee, linked to the International Congresses of Radiology. In 1950 it was restructured and renamed. Although its parent organisation remains the International Society of Radiology (ISR, the professional society of radiologist physicians), it has greatly broadened its interests to take account of the increasing uses of ionising radiation outside the medical area and practices involving the generation of radiation and radioactive materials. The Commission is a non-profit-making organisation, financed mainly by voluntary contributions from national and international bodies with an interest in radiological protection. Some additional funds accrue from royalties on the Commission’s publications. Members’ institutions also provide support by making in-kind contributions.