- Cite this
- Email this
The Chemistry of Biology [E-Book] : Basis and Origin of Evolution / by Armin Börner, Juliana Zeidler.
Living organisms are distinguished by their chemical basis. Thus, knowledge of the properties of the elements and the interactions of the resulting compounds is a prerequisite for understanding biology. Chemistry answers the questions of why, among the more than 100 elements of the periodic table (P...
|Personal Name(s):||Börner, Armin, author|
|Zeidler, Juliana, author|
1st edition 2023.
Berlin, Heidelberg :
XVI, 222 pages 358 illustrations, 303 illustrations in color (online resource)
- The periodic table of elements and fundamental consequences for the structure of natural products and the operation of biochemical processes
- Extrinsic properties favoring the occurrence of elements in a biological context
- The derivatization of inorganic compounds with carbon residues
- The singular properties of carbon as the basis for the origin of life
- From chemical structures and single reactions to complex biochemical networks
- Determinacy, flexibility, and contingency in biochemistry
- "Synthesis chemistry" versus biochemistry.